Feeding Inverts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pisces

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I want to make sure I'm feeding my inverts the right stuff and enough of it. Any suggestions?

I have a 55 gallon tank with 2 medium size anemones a one small anemone. I also have a flowerpot coral and a couple of different types of mushrooms. Last but not least, I have lots of filter feeding rock dwellers, feather dusters, clams, snails and so forth.

As for fish I have a small bar goby, a false percula, and a small striped dog face. (Who amazingly enough never bothers anything)

What do you recommend and how much.... how often?

Thanks

I want to make sure I'm feeding my inverts the right stuff and enough of it. Any suggestions?

I very rarely specifically feed my inverts, I feed the fish Blender Mush, and the inverts eat what they can catch ;)

It is very easy to get carried away with feeding, by the time you have fed "the food" for each specific critter, your putting a gallon of crap in your tank per week. That said, some of your filter feeders might appreciate some phytoplankton, but if you use it, go sparingly, it is very easy to cause an algae bloom from overdosing this stuff.

How often?? I feed 2-3 times per week.

Thanks, for your time and advice. I think I must worry too much about them eating. I will try the phytoplankton though, I noticed that my flowerpot is supposed to do better with it.

Thanks again!

Thanks, for your time and advice. I think I must worry too much about them eating. I will try the phytoplankton though, I noticed that my flowerpot is supposed to do better with it.

Thanks again!

I will try the phytoplankton though, I noticed that my flowerpot is supposed to do better with it.

Indirectly yes, phyto will feed your pods and othe micro critters which will then spawn and create food for the flowerpot, from what I've read goniporas do not directly benifit from the addition of phyto.

Kevin,
I read your "Blender Mush" recipe, sounds yummy! I noticed the lack of mysis or brine shrimp, do you ever use the two as food?

Well I can't take credit for the recipe, that is actually ReefLady's recipe.

I do not EVER use brine shrimp in my mush, I have used mysis and if I have it on hand when I make it, I do add it.

got bait? said:
Kevin,
I read your "Blender Mush" recipe, sounds yummy! I noticed the lack of mysis or brine shrimp, do you ever use the two as food?

Brine shrimp are pretty much like feeding potato chips to a fish. The only way they are actually nutritous for a fish if if you hatch them and feed them to the tank/fish right away.

Brine shrimp has almost no nutritional value unless you soak it in a good supplament or raise them yourself and feed them nutritious foods.

Back
Top Bottom