Feeding my BTA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tankedjulia

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I've had a BTA for about 2 months now. My clown is obsessed with it, but I'm worried that I'm not feeding it correctly... I've been feeding it with mysis shrimp with the rest of the tank but about a week ago he wasn't looking so good. I target fed him a few shrimp and he seemed to perk back up, but 3 days later he looked the same. I target fed again and now he's fine.:/ How often should I do this? I read other places 10 days. Should I try different food? Help!

How big is the tank? Lighting? How long has it been set up? Problem may not be the feeding...

I've had my sebae anemone over 8 yrs now and never once directly fed it. The mated clowns it hosts brings it food when I feed them.

29 gallon tank. I have a coralife dual aqualight 2x 65w bulbs. I got the tank used from a friend. After moving to my place its been setup about 6 months. My clown loves the bta, but i've never seen him try and feed it. (because ive definitely been watching for that...very cool) my levels are all very good. maybe im being paranoid.

parameters are never really all that stable for at least a year. Are you testing for more than the basics?

Yeah the lighting isn't stellar but I'm looking to upgrade. Just haven't found what I need yet. (suggestions are welcome;)) I'm looking to do a mh with t5s but want something to fit on my tank not hang.

I've only been testing nitrites, nitrates, ammonia and ph.

I feed my RBTA every three days silver sides :) but if clowns are hosting they also help feed the anemone .....

Back
Top Bottom