Feeding mysis?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mudzie

Aquarium Advice Freak
Does anyone keep rinsed mysis shrimp in the fridge in saltwater for later feedings? Just wondering how long they would be good for?
Thanks

image-805340290.jpg

I don't keep it thawed but if I did I wouldn't keep it for more than a day or two. Given the time it takes to thaw I personally wouldn't bother keeping it thawed.

I make enough that has been saturated in garlic, and vitamins for at least two days. However, I feed a mixture of foods do thawing and rinsing is a process.

I feed mysis, squid, spirulina, and oyster. And then supplement my tangs with seaweed pellets by hikari 5-6x a day.

And you don't have water quality issues??? That's amazing. Awesomest thing ever. I would love to feed that much... Hehe.

crister13 said:
And you don't have water quality issues??? That's amazing. Awesomest thing ever. I would love to feed that much... Hehe.

Lol. I don't feed all of it 5-6 times a day. Just the seaweed. I feed frozen 2x a day. But I run a skimmer, a denitrifier rated up to 400 gallons, phosguard, etc. plus I have a fuge. And do 20% water changes weekly

Do denitrators really work well? wouldn't the nitrates be made faster than it can consume them? Did you buy it or make it? I would love to see a pic!

I have no complaints with it. Lol. Seems to work for me. I got mine in a tank break down.

Back
Top Bottom