Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 11-11-2003, 03:20 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak

Feeding Nemo

I still cannot get my clown to eat. I got him Friday, didn't feed him until Saturday. Saturday he swallowed some brine shrimp from a marine cuisine cube. He hasn't eaten anything since.

I took some whole shrimp from the store, and ran that through the cheese grater. He swallowed it, then spit it out. Anyone have any other ideas?

One more thing. He also seems to swim around the tank more with the PHs off. Do clowns dislike strong current?

Old 11-11-2003, 03:22 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

try mysis shrimp live and frozen

Old 11-12-2003, 04:28 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Freak

When i got my clown he wouldn't come out of the corner for almost a week and would eat very little. I was getting kind of worried about him. Then my wife suggested we should get him a friend(why i didn't think of it, I dont know) so we got another clown. As soon as the bag hit the water to start climatizing him the one in the corner shot out towards the bag. He only goes into his corner to sleep now.
Old 11-12-2003, 05:12 AM   #4
cj10488

You can also try feeding him flake food.. My clowns seem to prefer flake food and blender mush over anything else..

HTH,
James
Old 11-12-2003, 11:20 AM   #5
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via ICQ to fishfreek Send a message via AIM to fishfreek Send a message via MSN to fishfreek Send a message via Yahoo to fishfreek
Sometimes fish will not eat for a breif period of time after you get them due to the trama/stress of the new enviorment. Usually brine shrimp will pull them out of this rut. Clowns overall are not known for being strong swimmers and most of the time they just end up treading water vs swiming about the tank like you rother fish.

Check out our articles area. 30+ Aquatic articles for your enjoyment
Are you in or around the Shenandoah Valley area? If so click here to join our regional forum.
fishfreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2003, 01:19 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

my clown loves Squid and Mysis shrimp.
Old 11-24-2003, 11:08 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice Newbie

My clown seems to love brine shrimp and marine pellets. Doesn't seem to want to touch squid or marine cuisine. The frozen brine shrimp cubes seem to work best for him. Can't get him to touch the flakes for anything.

Tags
feeding

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com