Feeding Nemo

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

leafyseadragon

Aquarium Advice Freak
I still cannot get my clown to eat. I got him Friday, didn't feed him until Saturday. Saturday he swallowed some brine shrimp from a marine cuisine cube. He hasn't eaten anything since.

I took some whole shrimp from the store, and ran that through the cheese grater. He swallowed it, then spit it out. Anyone have any other ideas?

One more thing. He also seems to swim around the tank more with the PHs off. Do clowns dislike strong current?

When i got my clown he wouldn't come out of the corner for almost a week and would eat very little. I was getting kind of worried about him. Then my wife suggested we should get him a friend(why i didn't think of it, I dont know) so we got another clown. As soon as the bag hit the water to start climatizing him the one in the corner shot out towards the bag. He only goes into his corner to sleep now.

You can also try feeding him flake food.. My clowns seem to prefer flake food and blender mush over anything else..

HTH,
James

Sometimes fish will not eat for a breif period of time after you get them due to the trama/stress of the new enviorment. Usually brine shrimp will pull them out of this rut. Clowns overall are not known for being strong swimmers and most of the time they just end up treading water vs swiming about the tank like you rother fish.

My clown seems to love brine shrimp and marine pellets. Doesn't seem to want to touch squid or marine cuisine. The frozen brine shrimp cubes seem to work best for him. Can't get him to touch the flakes for anything.

Back
Top Bottom