feeding peppermint shrimp?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

copi

Aquarium Advice Freak
Do peppermint shrimp need to fed? Or will they find microscopic leftovers / detritus / etc (like hermits & snails)?

If they require feeding, what food and by what technique?

I ask because when I feed my fish, there are no visible leftovers. I am extremely careful not to overfeed - each mysis shrimp or bit of whatever-food is always consumed.

Mine eat pellets, frozen, or flakes (when they can). They be fine wilth leftovers that make it to the bottom or caught in the rocks. I have 5 or so. They come right out with the 5 cleaners and 2 blood reds in my tank. They were a lot more shy until they got used to their mates and the lay of the land.

Try some pellets that make it to the bottom.

lando said:
They should get plenty at tank feeding time.

So based on the way I've desscribed my feedings, does it sound like I need to increase the amount of food I'm feeding? I'd hate to overfeed.

So based on the way I've desscribed my feedings, does it sound like I need to increase the amount of food I'm feeding? I'd hate to overfeed.
I wouldn't feed more at you general feed time, you can always target feed them a pellet or 2 a couple times a week instead.
Don't worry, your fish won't get everything. :wink:

Mine will eat anything at the bottom of the tank. I always see mine eating during the day when it ventures out.

Thy will actually scavenge for food. Many places sell peppermints as part of a clean-up crew. Do not increase our feedings to benifit the shrimp.

Back
Top Bottom