Feeding question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mercury64

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a med to large sailfin tang and a med to large emporer angel , the angel is new to the tank, have had him for only 4 days and he is doing well
My question is this, I just got him eating the algea / sea weed (dryed)
plus I got him eating some of meaty foods and formula2 flake as well
I was so worried about getting him to eat that I started to feed him and my tang twice a day, before I got him a feed once a day
I feed the tang and the angel a piece of dryed algea in a clip every morning, then again at night along with a mixture of some meaty food-formula 2 flake, is that to much and Am I over feeding

Feeding twice a day is a bit much in my mind. But then again I feed rather sparingly. Sometimes skiping days. :oops:

One way to determin if your feeding to much is water quality. If you dont have or dont start having issues with excessive nitrates or show signs of ammonia or nitrite and you dont end up with algae issues then your not overfeeding your tank.

Its as much wanting ot keep from overfeeding the tank as it is to keep from overfeeding the fish.

Back
Top Bottom