feeding question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

vsnsofadrgn

Aquarium Advice Addict
so i had a problem with nitrates, but now thats taken care of.......so i went and got 12 nassrious (SP?) snails and 2 peppermint shrimp. ive cut back my feedings to frozen every other day, so my question is, is this enough for the snails and shrimp, too?? when i fed today ALL the snails came rushing out and all over the glass. (it was cute) i just want to make sure that they are getting what they need.....

I`ve been doing this in my tank for eight years. From my experience it is enough. The snails dont just eat leftover food they also eat fish waste also. There is plenty for them IMO. Have a good day

I feed every three days or so, aside from nori once a day. To help in your battle with PO4 and NO3 turn off your filters when you feed and make sure you rinse all frozen food in RO/DI water after it is thawed and before it is added to the tank. Don't forget the suppliments :wink:

thank you so much, jploman, everything is doing great now, and ALIVE :D .... one of my shrimp even molted :D ..... should i be adding supplements, and what would you recommend??

should i be adding supplements, and what would you recommend??
Dietary suppliments are always recommended. I use Garlic Extreme, Selcon and Vita-Chem.

Do not add anything without testing first. WC should be enough. I do add iodine in my tank but I have a lot for shrimp.

Do not add anything without testing first. WC should be enough. I do add iodine in my tank but I have a lot for shrimp.
Correct and very good advice. However, the concern here is food suppliments not reef additives. Iodine can go either way thought. It is thought to help cure HLLE if a few drops are added too the food prior to feeding.

i just want to make sure that everything is getting what it needs... i know the fish are eating, i can see it, but i was just wondering if i should feed a little more now that there are other occupants.

Back
Top Bottom