Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 03-16-2013, 02:26 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict
Originally Posted by Sniperhank View Post
At the max I would say every other day. I also don't like flakes or pellets, ended up with parameter issues from them when I started out with saltwater. Even with frozen foods, like mysis or brine shrimp, you need to be careful. In smaller tanks you might need to cut cubes in half to avoid overfeeding.

In terms of feeding your corals...I've tried it and failed. Others have success with it, but even with a Julian's thing to target feed over broadcast feeding the algae has started to creep up. If you can pull off feeding corals, congrats. I wish I could do it.
What I've found best is just cut the end of a refractometer water dropper which makes it just big enough for mysis. Then you can suck back up any stragglers after each broadcast fairly easy, just use like 10 mysis per squirt lol. Using this method I get about 95% of the food to my corals (when I do feed them that is which isn't often).

Mrc8858 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 02:38 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Freak
I only put a pinch of flake or pallets in and put the frozen in little cup of tank water to defrost it then put through net so only foods goin in tank and no waste and my test are all good still got little red algae from when was over feeding but it takes time to get rid 100% as was over feeding for bout 6 months as listened to guy from lfs but few more wks and sould all been gone and I only feed enought so there eating for bout 30 sec to 1 min but its up2 u really

Bray84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 10:58 AM   #13
Aquarium Advice FINatic
Thanks all, I appreciate what you've said. I think I'm gonna check out the Rod's Food and see what's what, when I run out of my current supply. It's interesting I mentioned to my LFS that I want to add some different colors to my tank. Currently I've got an over abundance of green and purple. I popped in for some prime yesterday and there's different colored brains, and blasto's some really sick pieces! I may be getting one more thing but will have to rearrange yet again...

I don't always build a reef, but when I do I take my time. Stay patient my friends.

Building a reef is like going back in time and being 5 years old at Christmas!
Pisces3473 is offline   Reply With Quote

feeding, schedule

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com