feeding starfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Welcome to AA!

What kinda starfish ya got? How long you had'm? Describe your tank and what's in it too.

I have a brittle starfish and he eats food that drops to the bottom. Pellets, frozen stuff. Whatever falls on him or whatever he can find in the rocks. Stars hopefully don't have to depend on target feeding and are considered part of a clean up crew that eats food that falls onto the rocks and substrate.

It would help if you told us what kinda star.

I agree with Austins Dad you should not have to target feed them, however I do make sure I see the starfish find food at least once a week or target feed with shrimp pellets.

I have bristle stars, but would like some Linkia stars like Melosu58 has...if they are reef safe for my corals and inverts. Had a choc. chip star once that was very aggressive in eating everything around.

My brittle star loooooves cyclopeeze pellets. I just squirt a little towards his hideout and he comes and gets them. They are better at sensing food in the tank than the fish are I think. :)

I dont target feed my linknias, Which are reef safe Kurt. The fish always try to take it when I would feed them. They travel the tank eating microbes that are in the tank. Here is a great article on them.

Back
Top Bottom