Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 04-02-2004, 10:56 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak
Feeding suggestions

What type of foods do you feed your fish? Is flake food ok? What are opinions on this subject?

In my particular tank, I've got two damsels and a tang. My tang wasn't interested when I had hawaian algae in it, so I bought flake food that was algae specific (w/ garlic additive). I picked up some small pellets because I think they will promote better water in my tank. I also feed frozen brine every other day. I've also got a nano with 2 ocellaris clowns and a bta that is on the same feeding schedule as my other tank. I feed my bta small 1/4" chunks of silversides every other day or so.

Could I be feeding my fish better?

24 hours? NE! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2004, 11:27 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice FINatic
Send a message via ICQ to jackdp
A variety of foods is good, I feed my tank every day with something different, mostly frozen but I do have pellets for when I'm feeling lazy. I use mysis shrimp, krill, squid, plankton all frozen. I would be careful not to overfeed, I see in you profile that you have the 4 damsels and a tang in a 25 gallon. Thats a pretty high bioload for a 25 and any overfeeding could cause problems.

Brad C.
jackdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2004, 12:24 AM   #3
Tangs should never be kept in a 25 gallon.
Old 04-03-2004, 09:57 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Freak
I forgot to update my profile. The dominoes have been passed on to a friend. Just three fish in the tank now.
24 hours? NE! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2004, 10:38 AM   #5
Aquarium Advice Freak
I feed seaweed strips every other morning (before work) thanks to the moonlites that I have on the light fixtures now. (before the moonlites, all the fish were in the dark & would not come out to eat)
Spectrum A pellets on other mornings. (just a pinch or two) Frozen as their main diet at night which consist of Ocean Nutrition's Formula 1, 2, Angel formula, Spira formula & Piscine Energetic's Mysis shrimp. I'll alternate this with San Francisco Bay's frozen's Emerald entree, Marine cusine, Angel & Butterfly diet, Squid & Piscine Energetics's Mysis shrimp.
I'm able to combine all those frozen cubes of either Ocean Nutrition or San Francisco Bay due to feeding three tanks.
pecan2phat is offline   Reply With Quote

feeding, suggestions

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com