Feeding suggestions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

24 hours? NE!

Aquarium Advice Freak
What type of foods do you feed your fish? Is flake food ok? What are opinions on this subject?

In my particular tank, I've got two damsels and a tang. My tang wasn't interested when I had hawaian algae in it, so I bought flake food that was algae specific (w/ garlic additive). I picked up some small pellets because I think they will promote better water in my tank. I also feed frozen brine every other day. I've also got a nano with 2 ocellaris clowns and a bta that is on the same feeding schedule as my other tank. I feed my bta small 1/4" chunks of silversides every other day or so.

Could I be feeding my fish better?

A variety of foods is good, I feed my tank every day with something different, mostly frozen but I do have pellets for when I'm feeling lazy. I use mysis shrimp, krill, squid, plankton all frozen. I would be careful not to overfeed, I see in you profile that you have the 4 damsels and a tang in a 25 gallon. Thats a pretty high bioload for a 25 and any overfeeding could cause problems.

I feed seaweed strips every other morning (before work) thanks to the moonlites that I have on the light fixtures now. (before the moonlites, all the fish were in the dark & would not come out to eat)
Spectrum A pellets on other mornings. (just a pinch or two) Frozen as their main diet at night which consist of Ocean Nutrition's Formula 1, 2, Angel formula, Spira formula & Piscine Energetic's Mysis shrimp. I'll alternate this with San Francisco Bay's frozen's Emerald entree, Marine cusine, Angel & Butterfly diet, Squid & Piscine Energetics's Mysis shrimp.
I'm able to combine all those frozen cubes of either Ocean Nutrition or San Francisco Bay due to feeding three tanks.

Back
Top Bottom