Feeding tangs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Smithcinema

Aquarium Advice Activist
Try to feed a mix bag of food in my tank , flake , pellets , frozen and algae strips and wafers I have been trying frozen emerald entree and formula but they make a mess off the tank it's all mush no other types of frozen greens out there that's better !!!

LOL they are messy eaters there isn't anything that is going to make them have better manners. What is your cuc like?

Variety is always good. The best is the dried seaweed. They are herbivores and need plenty of vegetable matter.

Don't mind there messy but the food is messy it's mush no solid piece of greens

Try the dried seaweed selects,formula 2 frozen cubes,fresh raw spinach,broccoli,peas,and mix in some meats too..Krill,squid,table shrimp

Make your own food. it's much cheaper and cleaner than store bought. I go to the supermarket every so often and buy assorted fresh items, like shrimp, squid, clam, and whatever white meat fish is on sale, like cod, scrod, halibut...
I grind them all up in a food processor and add cyclo-peeze and selcon, and then freeze flat in gallon ziplocks.
About 15 bucks lasts me a year.

Make your own food. it's much cheaper and cleaner than store bought. I go to the supermarket every so often and buy assorted fresh items, like shrimp, squid, clam, and whatever white meat fish is on sale, like cod, scrod, halibut...
I grind them all up in a food processor and add cyclo-peeze and selcon, and then freeze flat in gallon ziplocks.

I might have to try that. How much cyclop eeze do you put in your mixture?

Ive been following the recipe you linked more or less. I think its great. One question though why only white meat fish. Why would say blue fish or salmon not be good. Also would fish roe be ok to add to the mix also, and if so does all fish and roe have to be from saltwater fish? Thanks in advance
john

Salmon is really fatty. I don't want that kind of meat entering my tank.
Fish eggs would be good to use also.

I was pretty sure that was the reason for the dark flesh fish. Just wanted to be sure. As for the eggs, I have been hearing that they are very good to use for food and figured I could mix them in after processing the rest of the ingredients. Just was not sure on the saltwater vs freshwater fish eggs.

I think I would use the smaller eggs. I believe it's smelt roe. I wonder how cost effective that would be though.

So this is how I feed my frozen food. Do you guys do it like this?: I take about a half an inch of water from my DT with a solo cup, and let the frozen food thaw out in it. Then I'll suck it up with a turkey blaster and put into the DT. Anything wrong with that? Always wondered, been doing it that way for years.

Sounds ok to me. I just break off a chunk, and put my hand in the tank and rub my fingers back and forth in front of a power head until it's all gone.

So this is how I feed my frozen food. Do you guys do it like this?: I take about a half an inch of water from my DT with a solo cup, and let the frozen food thaw out in it. Then I'll suck it up with a turkey blaster and put into the DT. Anything wrong with that? Always wondered, been doing it that way for years.

Thats how I do it too...

Back
Top Bottom