Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-18-2011, 01:34 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict

Yup, I've got a 15 gallon sump full of LR, no refugium, and no skimmer. My return is a Marineland ??? It says its rated at 474gph, but I'd guess 200.

PS - since I've started going mixed reef, a skimmer is in my near future.

Old 08-18-2011, 01:54 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict

I just ordered my 2nd 750, should be here next Tuesday - Thursday.

Old 08-18-2011, 02:01 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Sounds great! You can always run one if the flow is too much, I alternate in my 125g since I have ALOT and I mean ALOT of flow. I try to turn on 1400 off at night to give the fish and corals a break. lol

Do you know how much room you have in your sump for a skimmer? or will you be going hang on back type?
Old 08-18-2011, 02:11 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Addict

Based on the layout of my current sump, there is NO room, however, I still have a good amount of area in my stand, soooo, I'm thinking of breaking down the current sump and placing a larger one that would enable an in-sump skimmer. Any ideas?

Based on everyone here it seems that Octopus is the way to go, but didn't you have a eshoppes that you liked too?
Old 08-18-2011, 02:21 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

I was on a budget and found an eshopps psk 150 for $100 bucks so I jumped on it. Other than some tweaking Ihave been very satisfied with it. I also run an aquac remora in my 55g and I have had 0 problems with it even though others have. Maybe it's just luck lol

If you have the money I would invest in a refugium type sump so you could fit everything in there and get the benefits of a sump, refugium AND a skimmer.

You may be able to put a small tank in there and do a DIY type deal but I can't help ya there, I;m a premade kinda girl. LOL
Old 08-18-2011, 02:45 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice Addict

Yup, that was my plan from the beginning - $ ins't really an issue, this is my only REAL hobby, so as fast as I can find it, I should have it coming.

Any suggestions on places to find good pre-made's? I'll be researching, but I love to use your knowledge too.
Old 08-18-2011, 02:54 PM   #17
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

What are the dimensions you can fit underneath? They do make compact sumps but I'd need the real life numbers to find one. length you can fit in and depth too. Also not sure but you are probably ok with height. that might come into play later though when you shop for a skimmer.
Old 08-18-2011, 02:56 PM   #18
Aquarium Advice Addict

Found these

Aqueon Modular ProFlex Sump Filtration - Aquarium Sumps - Sumps and Refugiums - PRODUCTS - English

Small Octopus Reef Sump with built in filter Sock - English

Amazon.com: Model 20 ADHI Refugium Filter System 3 chamber w Light 90g: Home & Garden

Amazon.com: Eshopps RS-75 Reef Sump - Up to 75 gallons - 18 in. x 10 in. x 16 in.: Home & Garden

I'm off to work so switching to iPhone...

Tags
feeding

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com