Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 02-05-2006, 11:42 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak
Feeding tube coral...

Hi guys, just wondering do you need to feed tube coral? I just bought one last week and I bought the green colour one and kind of like the black colour one but the guy at LFS said I will need to feed the black one. So to avoid the hassle I only bought the green one. So I am just checking are there any difference in colour? Why the black one need to be fed but not the green one? Thanks in advance for the help.

weekf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 08:29 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict
Anemones of all kinds appreciate some squid, silversides, or prawn once a week. Just let it fall into its tentacles. The rest of the week they will grab whatever food you feed the fish taht fall within their stinging strands. I've never heard of not needing to feed an anemone.

We, as a people, know so much more about outer space than we do about our own oceans. This lack of knowledge can very well spell the dangers that lay in wait for us.

The oceans surely would swallow us before a rock comes down to smite the planet of it's life.
TCTFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 09:17 PM   #3
Community Admin

Tank of the Month Award
I don`t feed mine. I just let the light feed it and plankton and oyster eggs that get thrown in the water. Many people do not feed their anenomies. If you do that`s fine but I think many of the problems that people have with them is overfeeding.
You were talking about tube corals, are we talking about the same thing. Are we talking about anenomie or the sun polyps that people call tube corals. I dont know,but I just wanted to weigh in on the feeding issue.
melosu58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 05:08 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict
I was wondering where anemones came from? Sun polyps/ tube corals need to be feed regardless of color. The best way I have found it to cut the bottom out of a clean 2 liter bottle. I attached mine to a dowel rod with a tie-wrap at the threads. Place the bottle over the coral then squirt the food into the bottle opening. Come by every couple minutes and stir the water up so all will get food. I leave the bottle on for a least a hour so they get the food ingested so shrimp etc. will not steal it.
*The fact that no one understands you doesn't make you an artist.
*If guns kill people...Spoons make Michael Moore fat.
Brenden is offline   Reply With Quote

coral, feeding, tube

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com