Feeding Verts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jimmytank

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So just wondering how often and what you guys feed your reef tanks? I have F with LR and want to make sure the filter feeders stay happy and healthy.

Are you feeding a liquid or is it regular food? The LFS was trying to sale me a liquid supplement to boost my aquarium elements. I just wasn't sure if this is a good idea or not.

No, I feed a dry mix which you mix with ro water. I've used reef roids before but the new food I'm using now blows it out of the water. I see feeding time in 5 min compared to the 10 on reef roids. It's a good mixture of both fine an larger particles. I'll post the name of it when I get home.

Along with this, I feed my mouthiest corals a mix of chopped shrimp mixed. My 6polyp Duncan has put off 8 new heads in 3 months

Liquid foods are basically liquid phosphates. It takes an expert hand to use them, but those that are savvy enough to do so make their own food to avoid the unnecessary phosphates entering the water column. These phosphates easily foul up the water column and create nutrient issues and algae outbreaks.

I really never fed the filter feeders as they get everything from the water and they always seem to catch something drifting by and never had a issue

Do they still have that stuff ...something snow. I remember that stuff lol

Back
Top Bottom