Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 04-17-2005, 04:56 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Feeding your fish?

I was curious to know how many times a day you guys feed your fish and how you determine how much to give them. Thanks

rench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2005, 05:49 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict
I feed once a day but they can go once ever other day. How much I feed depends on who I'm feeding but normally just a pinch. You don't want a ton of food making it to the bottom. Try a small pinch, if they eat that quickly, give a bit more. Some fish have insatiable appetites though and never quit. You'll have to make the call when it's enough.

Fluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2005, 05:55 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Freak
Send a message via AIM to thanew
I feed my clowns three times a day, small amounts each time, usually like one flake of spirulina or a omnivore flake each time.. my goby gets fed once a day, my anemone gets fed twice aweek with shrimp.
55 gallon fw
-1 Pleco
-3 Yellow Labs (+ babies in maternity tank)
-1 Blue peacock
-1 Syno Cat
thanew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2005, 07:14 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict
I feed about every other day (or so). Lots of variety, over lots of food. A little bit of a high quality food with good supliments goes a long way.
Some people are like slinkies...they serve no real purpose yet can still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs!:p
Have a great day! Brian
lando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2005, 08:18 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Activist
once a day for the fishes, about 15-30 seconds. I don't feed my anemones anymore. The got the zoe juice from soaked food. I used to feed them shrimps once a week.
wlam18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2005, 08:25 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Freak
Send a message via MSN to mjvincent
Once a day, try to vary up food once in a while (frozen home made concoction).
Mike Jones
32 gallon hex, 34 lbs lr, Prizm protein skimmer, fluval 104, 1 maxi jet 750, 1 maxi jet 1200 ph, current 40w 50/50 pc, 1 NO powerglo 19watt, 1 daylight NO 65w (equiv), two damsels, 1 green brittlestar, 1 peppermint shrimp, turbo snails, red legged hermit crabs, kenyan tree coral, leather coral, pumping xenia, mushroom coral, green star polyps, orange button polyps
mjvincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2005, 10:14 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice Freak
i feed twice a day. once in the morning and then again before lights out i feed dried seaweed on the clip almost all the time i make sure its there for my tangs, selcon on prime flakes, mysis shrimp, garlic to avoid my tang and angel getting ich and emerald ontree. the selcon has done great wonders to my fish color since i switched to it a few months ago.

flame82 is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com