Feeling Real Discouraged...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Most importantly, post water parameters. Measure before a water change so we see it at its worst. At least nitrates and phosphates.
I've made a canister filter work, but for a while it was pushing nitrates up around 20. I used to just rinse the loose crud out of the foam filters with water change water (weekly). Now I do it more aggressively with tap water, much cleaner and 0 nitrates. All I have in the canister is foam filters and the ceramic bio media.
The tank is still young, growing pains, you'll pull through!!

- D

Don't get discouraged. "All good things take time" is the motto you need to live by in the salt water world. Take it slow. Water changes religiously and don't over feed. The best 3 things I can recommend.

Seems like u sank a lot of money and done a lot with such a new tank how long was the rock in there where did u get it from your tank could be cycle all the die off in the rock still and if u take it u just removed a lot of filtration put all your rock in the water column may e move it around so flow is better through it as try blowing all the settle debris off when u do water changes

Cut back on the lighting. I have 6 t5s and only run the white 7 hrs a day with the acintic running 9. 1 before and 1 after. 12 hrs with the powerful LEDs IMO is way to much.

Back
Top Bottom