Fighting Clowns

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

toddwess

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have three 3/4" percula clowns in a 10 gallon quarantien tank. They have been in there for 3 weeks. Perfect health the whole time.

http://www.toddwess.com/todd.html

Lately, two of them have really started picking on the third. They are pecking at him every chance they get.

Additionally, the one they are picking on is beginning to lose distinction in his black stripe that separates the white from the orange. You can not see that much black at all anymore.

He eats just fine each day, but I'm worried. Is this normal behaviour?

Thanks,
Todd

Amonia = 0
Nitrites = 0
Nitrates = 5
pH = 8.2
Temp = 79

I think after 3 weeks you might get a little agravated with your room mates if you were all cooped up in a closet. lol Seriously, why are they still in QT? I would think after 3 weeks you could put them in the display tank. I'm not an expert (please one of the experts now is the time to chime in), but I think it may be time to move them into the "big house" :lol:

you could have a mating pair, im no expert but clowns are fairly terretorial and this is normal behaviour , is it just since you quarantined them they started fighting or are they a new aquiusition? maybe it might be safer to just keep the 2

Thanks guys - they have been in there for 3 weeks cuz EVERYONE on here says that fish need to be quarantiened for at least 4 weeks.

they are a new acquisition, yes, Melissfish.

they are all eating well and seem to be fine, just worried about the fighting.

The display tank will be ready in about 10 days.

I serously think all your levels are fine, as my daughter would say " they have 4 wall syndrome". Do you have any hiding places for them in the QT tank?

Back
Top Bottom