Fiji or Vanuatu Liverock. Anyone have experience with Vanuatu LR?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Can't help but wondering if the Vanuatu rock become popular after the Survivor TV show went there.

I'm kinda liking it thought as I see stacking, shape making, and cavern construction potential. I believe I had 3 variations of rock in my tank. Even had some tonga branch pieces here and there. I think aquascape is a bit boring with ALL the rock in it looking alike.

Can't help but wondering if the Vanuatu rock become popular after the Survivor TV show went there.

I'm kinda liking it thought as I see stacking, shape making, and cavern construction potential. I believe I had 3 variations of rock in my tank. Even had some tonga branch pieces here and there. I think aquascape is a bit boring with ALL the rock in it looking alike.

That's kind of what I was thinking but I wasn't sure how well everything would flow together. Did it look nice, or was it easy to see the difference in rock?

Here's some of my tank shots. Hopefully, you can see the mostly bare rock prior to coral growth and after the coral growth. Hope this helps you decide. You doing fish oly or reef?

Attachments

• Lisa coral 013.jpg
    Lisa coral 013.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 161
  • may15 009.jpg
    may15 009.jpg
    120.5 KB · Views: 131
  • Full tank Sep07.jpg
    Full tank Sep07.jpg
    167.5 KB · Views: 339
Those are fantastic pictures! I am going full reef, I've been wanting 1 for so long and now I have at least 4-6 years to do it

After 6 months pure white base rock looked just like my Fiji and Marshal Islands LR. I'd go with the Vanuatu for the extra diversity. I didn't know the Drs. had this rock. I may order a box to replace some of my existing rock. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom