Filefish has to go...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nitrate

Aquarium Advice Freak
After two months in my tank my Redtailed filefish has decided to start taking bites out of my Cowfish. He's nibbling at his lips and if I dont take action soon I'm sure my cowfish is doomed.

I've seen tons of threads about catching fish, but short of removing 180lbs of rock in a 150 gal tank I dont think I'll ever catch him. Any brilliant insight would be appreciated, I dont want to loose my cowfish and I dont want to find out if they really do release toxins.

I have used the "feed and catch" routine to catch a damsel one time. I put the net in the water, let them know it is there for a bit, then feed them..once he was in the zone of eating, he will forget the net is there, then I was able to catch him before he went into the rock work. It freaked the other fish out, but they got over it.

Mike

Ive done that before with a trigger and it worked great.

What I ended up doing was moving the last foot of rock and inserted an eggcrate divider with a gap on the end. I waited a few minutes for his curiousity to get up and swim behind the crate, then I closed the cell door. All in all only took 5 minutes and didnt distrupt the rest of the tank at all.

This is mean but when it was time to get the damsels out I tried to catch them with out messing up my tank and had no luck so my firs fish was a panther grouper, he removed them for me

Back
Top Bottom