Filter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

J19Reynolds

Aquarium Advice FINatic
When should u change the inside of a filter ? Like the sponges and carbon... I have the aqua clear 70... It's been running for 5 1/2 weeks now

Tank size? Bio load??

I'm assuming your talking about the sponge/floss, right?

Carbon once a month sponges just clean them every time you do water change meaning rinse them in the water u are taking out ofyour tank

Be careful just rinsing out your filters and carbon. You may be killing off helpful bacteria. I always tell people when they replace filters and what not to keep the old ones in the tank for a few days that way you're not completely removing everything. I've heard of people keeping filters for a long time and then when they changed them it caused a mini-cycle

sorry off topic here... does your filter produce small bubbles that get into the tank. I just picked one up a few days ago and it keeps sending in the micro bubbles which just look terrible.

I would change out the carbon maybe every 3-4 weeks and like started above, rinse your sponge in the old tank water. You have a decent amount of rock which will be able to handle the bioload of the tank.

Back
Top Bottom