Filter floss and pods

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cabezon

Aquarium Advice Addict
I ran some filter floss in the intake of the sump to help clear the original cloudyness. Now I wonder if It would be best to remove it for pod growth. will the pods grow in the main tank, or the chaeto section of the sump without filtering out too many. I like the floss as it seems to take out a lot of brown stuff each week.

btw here is a pod I collected in Cancun.

Attachments

• CIMG6791.jpg
    CIMG6791.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 118
  • CIMG6790.jpg
    CIMG6790.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 105
if you got enuf rock, pods will grow in the mian. They just need enuf pocket areas that provide for protection. Hard to explain in words how those pockets looks though.

That's a heck of a camera to get that shot of a pod. Wow.

:shock: that's the bottom of a 12oz plastic cup. it is the pod that is amazing, not the camera

OK. Must be a monster pod. Sure it's a pod?

Have you seen the movie "Alien" lately????

Looks like a sand flea I've fished with. Same family I believe.

this may be a dumb question, but where do you get pods? Do you have to buy something from the LFS that seeds the tank/fuge/sump, or will they show up as the tank develops growing off of the live rock?

BTW if I saw that size of a "pod" in my tank, I think I would be a little freaked out about that thing crawling around. That this is a monster!

DT's has live pods in a bottle.

that monster lives with thousands of his friends just under the surface of the sand. can you imagine if they all came out at once? it would be like starship troopers.

ok good to know thanks for the help! Sorry for posting in your thread. Yeah I don't know if I could put my hand in the tank with that thing in it...

no sweat. I had the same question a little while back. and now i can put my floss back in. :)

Back
Top Bottom