Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 07-14-2004, 04:26 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Activist
Filter Problems causing Ammonia???????

My ammonia level is constantly at a .25 on the red sea test kit, i constantly use kordons Amquel, it used to work perfectly bringing my ammonia to 0, some weeks ago one of my fish died of ich and when we added ridich my dad left the filter on...also one of my little damsels before this died and the filter scooped him up, we removed him, but about my filter, should i clean it if this is the reason of my ammonia spikes, maybe if i can get a detailed description of what to clean and how, it would be much appreciated. I have a wet dry filter, and my tank has been up for about 8-11 weeks.

popothemailman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2004, 05:23 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict
welcome to aquarium advice what size tank and whats in it ? as for bio-balls they never need to really be cleaned if the tank is over stocked ya might need to pull them out yearly and rinse them in some tank water to break up the large gunk stuck on them !!
good luck keith
scuba_steve is offline   Reply With Quote

ammonia, filter

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search