filter question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Travis55

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Right now on my 55 gal I have a 60 gal double over flow and a 75 gal sandman filter, I will be upgrading to a cascade 1000 canister filter which is rated for 100 gal. If I get the cascade going can I take both hang-on filters off or should I leave on the sand man? My 55 fw needs some filtration help so id put them on it. But only if the cascade can handle the 55 sw 100%. Let me know what u think! Thanks!!!!

Travis

if you have enough live rock you really shouldnt need any additional filters, unless you need a place to put carbon or gfo.

Mechanical filtration is good but if you plan on keeping many corals you might want to look at skimmers hob or other possibilities

Travis55 said:
I won't be doing any corals. Maybe a nem but nothing too crazy.

Trying to keep a nem would be crazy,to even have a chance it needs an established tank and perfect water conditions.

Well sounds like I'm not gonna be doin nems... lol but from the sounds of it the cascade 1000 will meet my filtration needs.

Yea keep doin youre research, bubble tips or corals you would want to check into some sort of skimmer, very much needed in any sort of reeftank.

Yea keep doin youre research, bubble tips or corals you would want to check into some sort of skimmer, very much needed in any sort of reeftank.

I am goin for more of a fowlr tank. No corals but wanted a nem. But not looking to have to get a ton of extra equipment...

Nems are not that hard I got one in my first tank only after like 2 months and it did great and still is I even had it split idk why everyone makes it seem like its that hard when it sure isn't good luck

Nems are not that hard I got one in my first tank only after like 2 months and it did great and still is I even had it split idk why everyone makes it seem like its that hard when it sure isn't good luck

thanks for the hope. Lol I really want one but I've pretty much been beaten out of wanting one. Lol

Patrick93 said:

Let us know in six months if it is still alve.

Back
Top Bottom