Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 03-30-2003, 09:29 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict
Of course they cost more to run but that is not a concern now since you are now a reef keeper.
Wow Mark, that is a bold statement, I wanna feel that way. Anyways good statements Logan, do you work in an LFS? Sounds like you must.

If you don't love what you do, you'd better find something else to love. Otherwise, you don't have a reason for living.
-Ray B.
d9hp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2003, 10:42 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Activist
Send a message via AIM to Barney
The 180 I have is made by Oceanic.

I can not lower my water level unless I cut some of the overflow lines that is built in on the corners at both ends. If I had to do this, I would have to be precise...

Yes I have a canopy. I built this canopy as part of the whole one piece including the stand. It did come with a oak cabinet stand, but I wanted something to go along with my entertainment system which was made out of pine. The outside is layered of pine wood material. The inside is framed with scrap hardwood.
I'll have a picture posted sometimes around August when I have it completely set up.
The measurement from the top of the water to the top of inside the canopy is 16 inches. I plan to have fans installed to pull out hot air at the top back of the canopy.

As for salt creeps, Already familiar with that. I guess there is no fool proof way to elimate them... Unless I am missing something.

For 400 watt MH, what K rating should I look for on this setup?

Barney is offline   Reply With Quote

filter, glass, light

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com