FILTERING QUESTION...WANT TO CHANGE CANNISTER TO SUMP HOW?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ohiorn67

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Would sure appreciate some good advice. I see many sump set ups on ebay ....some with skimmers, some without. I have a 90 gallon saltwater that I have an eheim 2217 cannister on and would like to change it out to a sump so that I can put my thermostat, skimmer and all the junk underneath. I don't know how to do all this. I don't know what kind of skimmer to purchase either. I have a brand new remoraC pro skimmer with bubble eliminator box that works terrific but will sell if I can set one up underneath. We are unfamiliar with brands and what is good and sizes to get. Want to keep something that eventually we can have a part with refugium, willing to do it right this time but need help. Anyone live around me in nashville, Tn that can make this for us for a fee? Thanks a bunch!!!

Attachments

• p1010047.jpg
    p1010047.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 82
Welcome to AquariumAdvice.com!!! :smilecolros: :smilecolros: :smilecolros:
YOu have several options for sumps. The least exspensive of these is to make one yourself using a large rubbermaid tub, or something similar. Many here have done this. You can also spend the money and go with a premade commercial model. Check out the "article" section on the top of the page for more info on sumps. You may even want to consider doing a refugium (info above), they provide great biological filtration and really help with water quality.

Back
Top Bottom