filters

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

clowninround

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Gotta yet another question. I bought a used tank that already had a wet dry filter...problem is that its a bit smaller than my friend who has one for a 90 gallon tank (mines 150g). I was looking into replacing the wet dry, but I started looking at the eheim pro II for a 160g tank...that way I could run carbon too. Any thoughts or expeirence with this or these type of canister filter? The gph is 275...plus what I have with the wet dry. Or should I stick with replacing the wet dry???

oh and in case anyone was wondering, though its small it seems to be doing the job pretty well. My nitrates stay very low and everybody seems very happy.

You can put your carbon in your wet/dry return tray, it also helps quiet it some if needed. I have a wet/dry and a magnum 350 and gave up on the magnum as anything but a way to move water around (no media in it). To big a pain to clean out and such...

Yeah, a lot of my time is invested in college and running a household while my hubby is gone during the week...maybe I should stick with the wet dry...less demanding. I had found one that I wanted, it came with the skimmer built in...but the one I have (skimmer) goes crazy when I add calcium.

Back
Top Bottom