Filters ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

flame82

Aquarium Advice Freak
i'm thinking about throwing out my fiter cartrigde and doing away with every using them again. heres the reason why. prizm skimmer, penguin 330, 160 both with biowheel so three bio wheels, chemi-pure in filter, 3lbs marshall island, 3 lbs rock bottom crude from premium aquatics, 5 lbs figi rock, and 20 lbs live agranite sand and real dead coral that i have left in the tank long enough full of alage and coral line alage about 15lbs not as good as live rock but i decided just to let it be taken over by all the little creatures when i started adding live sand and rock. Ok so anyways i am thinking now that the filters in my penguin just collect fish food and fish poop and that leads to a buidling up of it between changing them out. So i figure that will all this other stuff i have it would make since to remove these as so i dont allow a build up somewhere that the breakdown proceess probably doesnt work as good and my skimmer would be better at just removing this from the water and not cycle it through my water as the filter does? Does this sound right anyone have any suggestions on this.

Back
Top Bottom