filtration

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mattvght100

Aquarium Advice Newbie
im in the process of seting up a 60gal saltwater tank, (non-reef) i would like to run a better filtration or some thing that i can hide under the cabinet, but ive been thinking about 2 penguin bio-whell 170's but there are loud, and not physically appealing, i have 1 on my freshwater tank, and im a little pressed for money so can u tell me if thats my best option or is there anything else for the price range of 0- 150 $ thanks
-matt

Hi Again

Hi,

Let me know about your progress on the salt water tank. That pet place is a good place to buy from. Ask for their free catalog and if you are near by to them in the future try going to their store you'll love it!

Take Care!

thanks

ok thanks very much i did look at canisters a little but ill try and keep you posted and yea that store is pretty good easy to navigate
-matt

my opinion you want a wet dry vice a canister. i know from exp that eventually you will say to yourself, i should have got a wet-dry. If you are handy you can make one yourself

jks1 couldn't be more correct... I have a Filstar XP3 and I adore it, but I still with I could have gotten a sump... I don't like the heater, future skimmer, grounding rod, etc visible in my tank. Plus could have made a refugium ... but I am not bashing the canister... its still a great filter in my opinion

Do some research before you buy! Each person has may different ideas. I have a wet/dry on my 250 gallon and on my 65 gallon tanks, but my smaller tanks I use canister type. Shop around and you should get a good deal. You can also make your own wet/dry filter if you are handy. Good Luck!

Back
Top Bottom