Final Stocklisting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Greenturtle

Aquarium Advice Addict
After a ton of research, I have finally finished my proposed stocklisting for my 76 gallon Half Circle tank! It is cycling right now, so I'm not planning on getting anything soon. Do you guys have anything to say about...

3 Blue-Green Chromis
2 Ocellaris Clownfish
2 Banggai Cardinalfish
1 Fire Goby
1 Kole Tang
1 Yellow Clown Goby
1 Diamond Watchman Goby

Do you think it is overcrowding? I think it might be, especially since I am eventually going to make it a full-on reef tank. Wasn't planning on many inverts, just a CUC (Including a Scarlet Skunk Cleaner Shrimp), a feather duster, and some easy corals (GSP, Colt, and a Leather).

The only fish i would leave out is the clwon goby. it's a very small fish and I don't think you'll see it much. i dont see my clown goby hardly ever and he's in a 4g tank lol.

I would add the diamond sand sifting goby last so that your sand bed has a chance to mature for him to eat properly.

As far as inverts you are fine, you can add a few more shrimp even. :)

The only reason I am not getting a Fire Shrimp is the price. 50$ i think at my LFS. I'm also thinking of a Peppermint one LOL i forgot to add that.

Wow, $50 is extreme. They are $25 at my lfs. I can get peppermints for $4 each so I alwasy have some of them lol

Its fine if I substitute the bluegreen chromis with yellowtail damsels right? And I was thinking of getting a Midas blenny instead of the clown goby.

And my LFS has really high prices on everything. Once saw a Marroon goldstripe clown for $60. It was an adult, but still.

i think the midas would be a much better choice over the goby.

Might be time to check someother stores out evenif they are a bit further away. I drive an hour or two sometimes for certain things

There are two in my town. One about 10 minutes away is the one I use a lot. Once I went to the one 35 minutes away, reef world, and it has much more healthy, cheaper fish. I just usually go to the closer one to get salt and stuff. I'm definitely going to reef world for the fish.

good decision. I would buy your salt and other gear online as its soo much cheaper than a local store. If you need anything just ask. :)

Greenturtle said:
The only reason I am not getting a Fire Shrimp is the price. 50$ i think at my LFS. I'm also thinking of a Peppermint one LOL i forgot to add that.

You must be in Northern Va.

Personally, I hate chromeses and think that they're a waste. They don't school very often, or at least mine didn't. Damsels are aggressive which is why my lfs has them at 5 for $15 LOL.

slitherbomb said:
Personally, I hate chromeses and think that they're a waste. They don't school very often, or at least mine didn't.

What species do you have?

I'm planning on going with 3 blue reef chromis, supposed to be the most docile and they are supposed to actually school. Not your run of the mill chromis from what I hear. :)

I only plan on 3. :) They don't get very large and I;d like some swimming fishies finally. The tank looks soo empty. It seems all the fish hang out on the right side of the tank, I mean they have 6 feet of space to swim in and they all congregate in a one foot section. I just don't get it LOL

Back
Top Bottom