Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 11-23-2011, 01:37 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Addict

Finalizing My Stock List

Tank is 29 Gallons, Will be a reef tank. Would like some help on what inverts to have and how many to have.

Yellow fin Flasher Wrasse or Six Line Not sure what one Like the looks of the yellow flasher the most.

Midas Blenny or Yellow Watchman Thinking the watchman because they would be in the water column but would rather have the midas if it would be fine in the tank

Royal Gramma Basslet - Must Have

2x Ocellaris Clownfish - Must Have

1x Blood Shrimp

1x Peppermint shrimp

1x Needle Pincushion Urchin

Dwarf Hermits - Not really sure how many I should have for the tank

CleverBs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 01:57 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Regular

get tailspot blenny.

careful with the six line they get aggressive

other options could be a sohal tang, porcupine puffer, or stingrays

Old 11-23-2011, 02:03 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverBs
Tank is 29 Gallons, Will be a reef tank. Would like some help on what inverts to have and how many to have.

Yellow fin Flasher Wrasse or Six Line Not sure what one Like the looks of the yellow flasher the most.

Midas Blenny or Yellow Watchman Thinking the watchman because they would be in the water column but would rather have the midas if it would be fine in the tank

Royal Gramma Basslet - Must Have

2x Ocellaris Clownfish - Must Have

1x Blood Shrimp

1x Peppermint shrimp

1x Needle Pincushion Urchin

Dwarf Hermits - Not really sure how many I should have for the tank

Well firt of all, i dont know why the midas wouldnt work, just make sure you add less free swimming fish. As for the two occ. Clowns, i really recommend 1. I am also doing a 30 gallon saltwater tank, and also wanted two. Well, apparently clownd will pair up, and will be mean. That doesnt sound like a happy tank, considering its only 30 gallons and the clowns will claim quite a bit of it. One less clown, and one more other cool fish!! As for the "blood shrimp" do you mean fire shrimp? If so, nice choice. By far the coolest invert ever. I also suggest a cleaner, 10-15 hermits, and 10-15 snails. Make sure to add the CUC slowly, and add the pincushion urchin last. They need good amounts of algea, no copper, plus lots of stable liverock!

Also, could i suggest making a build thread? Youll get more ongoing help, and can post all questions there, instead of creating new threads to ask 1 quetion. Good luck!!
Old 11-23-2011, 02:06 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bnortz
get tailspot blenny.

careful with the six line they get aggressive

other options could be a sohal tang, porcupine puffer, or stingrays
Uhm, no, sorry. A tang wont fit in a 30, and neither will a puffer, nor will any type of dwarf stingray. Six lines arent known to be agressive, and are generally peaceful. Do some research first, please.
Old 11-23-2011, 02:25 AM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict

do others agree on not having more then 1 clown? From my research I have done I dont see this to be a long term problem and only an issue when a male turns female and once the female is established aggression will go away
Old 11-23-2011, 02:37 AM   #6
Aquarium Advice Addict

what would a good snail be to help keep my sand bed turned and clean?
Old 11-23-2011, 03:04 AM   #7
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Turbo snails? Turban snails? I dont know how its spelled but ill give it a try lolol
Narassirus snails? Haha
Old 11-23-2011, 08:54 AM   #8
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Nassarius snails are great at turning the sand and eating left over food. They however do not eat algae so keep that in mind.

I use nassarius snails and cerith snails for my big tank and some nerites too. The nerites are ugly and hang at the top of the tank all day until nightime but they are awesome at keeping my glass clean.

Check out ReefCleaners.org | Clean Up Crews and Macro Algae for some good cuc, they are dirt cheap and you get a ton of critters when you order their clean up crews. I mean a TON. lol
Old 11-23-2011, 09:14 AM   #9
Aquarium Advice Addict

Turbos are the ones you were talking about haha. They get pretty big. They also eat ALOT so 1 would be plenty. As for the sandbed, the nassarius would be your best bet. GL!!!!!
Old 11-23-2011, 09:30 AM   #10
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

The only bad thing about turbos is they knock everything over. LOL I only have one turbo put of all my tanks and he's in my biocube where there isnt alot for him to bulldoze. hehe

Tags
stock, stock list

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com