Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 12-31-2011, 09:42 PM   #131
Aquarium Free - 2+ Years

POTM Champion

I'm not real sure what it is. I bought a light off fort a while back and he had it on there. I took it off and super glued it on to one of my fixtures.

"What, exactly, is the internet? Basically it is a global network exchanging digitized data in such a way that any computer, anywhere, that is equipped with a device called a 'modem', can make a noise like a duck choking on a kazoo." - Dave Barry
mfdrookie516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 09:49 PM   #132
Aquarium Advice FINatic

It's really coming together nice! I like the space in front of the rocks in the sand.

Old 12-31-2011, 11:19 PM   #133
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfdrookie516 View Post
I'll be sure and do that. I had wondered about the eggcrate, but I guess what I didn't want to be the case, actually is.

I DIY'd some moonlights in tonight, they don't look too bad. The pictures don't do them justice, since my photo skills absolutely suck.

I think the moonlights look great! I have found that it is fun to observe the tank inhabitants at night.
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftyfish View Post
It's really coming together nice! I like the space in front of the rocks in the sand.
I also like the space in front, and the fish will too. They will have lots of swimming room, and then rocks for refuge at night.
redsea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 02:08 PM   #134
Aquarium Advice Freak

Looks like your coming along really nicely. What kinda rock and how many pounds did you use. Looks like quit a bit. Did you watch that brs video on YouTube about aquascaping. He gives you a couple really simple tips that r actually really good. I felt so dumb when I watched it. When he talks about putting collumns with the big end at the top, I was just like wow I can't beleive I never freaking thought of that. I seen at least one piece of rock in your tank that would make a really nice one.
Old 01-01-2012, 03:35 PM   #135
Aquarium Free - 2+ Years

POTM Champion

It's 50lbs of base from reefrocks.net and about 8lbs of LR. I've watched a ton of the vids from BRS, scaping included... as much as I wanted to try and follow his advice, I knew in my head what I wanted and somehow managed to get it pretty close.

"What, exactly, is the internet? Basically it is a global network exchanging digitized data in such a way that any computer, anywhere, that is equipped with a device called a 'modem', can make a noise like a duck choking on a kazoo." - Dave Barry
Old 01-01-2012, 04:32 PM   #136
Aquarium Free - 2+ Years

POTM Champion

Here's what I've been working on today -

This is connected in to a GFCI that I put in as I'm scared to death of something going wrong and killing all the inhabitants and/or me (or at least hurting quite a bit). No, it's not the prettiest thing in the world, but it got my cords out of the way, makes it easy to unplug them if needed, and it's heavy duty (10ga wire). I don't have my lights hooked in to it, as I don't want to chance overloading it, so they're hooked in to another plug that is on another circuit. There are only 2 plugs on this circuit, and the other one is never used.

I also moved my ATO to the back side where it belongs, after it worked flawlessly over the last day. I've marked a line on my sump where the water level is, and will monitor it daily to prevent any issues. Push comes to shove, its only got a 10g reservoir for the top off water, so it won't be a complete disaster if something happens... especially since all the electrical stuff is above the tank.

Old 01-01-2012, 06:08 PM   #137
Aquarium Advice Freak

What kinda ato is that?
Old 01-01-2012, 06:20 PM   #138
Aquarium Free - 2+ Years

POTM Champion

It's this model that I retro-fitted for the sump - AutoTopoff.com

Old 01-01-2012, 08:46 PM   #139
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

gonna follow...
Old 01-02-2012, 01:16 AM   #140
Aquarium Advice Newbie

If you are interested in wrasses, the six line wrasse is a really neat fish that would be fine in a 40 breeder. Just a thought!

Tags
breed, breeder, build, build thread, journal, reef

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com