Finally - 40 Breeder Reef Journal/Build Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
EriksFish315 said:
Cannon cameras all the way!! We have three here at my house. Would never settle for anything else after using them.

Love my 5d! Wish I had a macro lens though. I've been living with extension tubes for too long.

Very nice photos - your thread is plugging right along here. Sorry to hear about the mishap on the tank, but like Carey, I would stick with the 20L unless you can find something custom in acrylic. 2" isn't really even enough to get your arm into.

Very nice photos - your thread is plugging right along here. Sorry to hear about the mishap on the tank, but like Carey, I would stick with the 20L unless you can find something custom in acrylic. 2" isn't really even enough to get your arm into.

Thanks man. Yeah, I think I'm going to do a 20 long. 2" isn't nearly enough to get my arms in haha.

How much was your macro lens?
I got it for $499 at adorama, but it had either a $50 or $100 instant rebate... it looks like the rebate is gone now, but the lens is only $569 at B&H.

I have the same tripod with a different head. I'm taking off next Friday so I can take new pics (LOL).

As for your tank dilemma, now is the perfect time to make room for all the new corals by getting a 125 gallon DT and moving everything to that :cool: :fish2:

Picked up 6 new frags today...pink birdsnest, ponape birdsnest, 3 zoas, and a frogspawn. 2 of the zoas are still closed up, the pink birdsnest is really just too small to take a picture of, I can't get a decent picture of the ponape birdsnest.... and please ignore the algae on the frags. His plugs are just algae magnets for some reason. I'll fix that just like I did the others before.

img_1821733_0_529c9f9cb583ffc9a544554bf2281784.jpg

img_1821733_1_b5919c397679e6da0dae30f2c121e8bb.jpg

img_1821733_2_f631ed59b5fb59fb8a0cf39b6cc5be51.jpg

Great looking corals...might want to do something about that algae that came with them...I would remove them from the plugs they are on and attach to rubble rock or something....Love that birds nest btw

Thanks man. The algae is drawn to those plugs for some reason. I'm guessing they have something in them that algae likes. The hermits have been all over them today picking away. The birdsnest is coming off the plug once i know where I want it. The zoas I will leave on the plugs for now. I plan on fragging off parts of the older zoas as he had them on eggcrate pieces that will let me move them to different parts of the rock that they are on to 'seed' more growth.

I'm with Alan on removing the corals from the plugs. That's some nasty algae that is almost impossible to control.

Nice looking frags otherwise.

I already took the birdsnest off. It was the worst. The hermits have gotten a lot of the other off already. I also tried fragging one of my zoa frags in to 3 more. If they turn out well, I'll pull the other zoas off their plugs. If not... well... i'm out about 15 polyps. haha.

Back
Top Bottom