Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 01-12-2012, 09:38 PM   #221
Aquarium Free - 2+ Years

POTM Champion

I just picked up a pink spotted watchman goby. The woman I got it from couldn't keep it. It got too big for her tank (small footprint), and her trigger didn't like it too well in her bigger tank. It's such a beautiful fish, can't wait until it gets settled in.

"What, exactly, is the internet? Basically it is a global network exchanging digitized data in such a way that any computer, anywhere, that is equipped with a device called a 'modem', can make a noise like a duck choking on a kazoo." - Dave Barry
mfdrookie516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 12:19 AM   #222
AA Team Emeritus

You know we don't believe you till you post the PICTURES!

Congrats on the pickup. Now wait 3 weeks till your next fish, no matter how desperate it is for a new home.

cmor1701d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 07:25 AM   #223
Aquarium Free - 2+ Years

POTM Champion

Yeah, that's my plan. I waited 10 days from my first fish to my second fish, and ammonia and nitrite are still 0, nitrate just barely readable. I think my next fish will be a firefish. I'm still going back and forth with the wife on regular firefish vs purple firefish.

"What, exactly, is the internet? Basically it is a global network exchanging digitized data in such a way that any computer, anywhere, that is equipped with a device called a 'modem', can make a noise like a duck choking on a kazoo." - Dave Barry
Old 01-13-2012, 09:16 AM   #224
AA Team Emeritus

PURPLE (it's the new Pink according to one of my nieces). Do you have a net cover for your tank? They are jumpers.
Old 01-13-2012, 09:34 AM   #225
Aquarium Free - 2+ Years

POTM Champion

Not yet, but I plan to get one. LA says that the goby is known to jump as well, so I plan to get one soon. My only concern is how I'll rig it up around my return line. I didn't drill (though my next tank most certainly will have a drilled return), so it's just 2 elbows to go up and over the tank lip. Any ideas on how to do this? I may order the stuff from BRS tonight.

Old 01-13-2012, 10:26 AM   #226
AA Team Emeritus

I was just going to say that BRS has the netting and all you need. When we were fist discussing it here a couple of years ago I got samples from the company. You had to buy a roll of netting. Not all that expensive (~$50), but who needs that much netting when you can just what you need.
Old 01-13-2012, 05:21 PM   #227
Aquarium Free - 2+ Years

POTM Champion

I just got my MP10 set up. Man, I'm already in love with it. I have no idea what setting it's on, it's just going up and down in speed... such an awesome little machine. I may get a small powerhead to put opposite it, or may not. I guess my needs will become apparent as I move along. Gotta order some GAC and wait to set up the reactor now. This tank is coming together nicely, IMO at least.

Old 01-14-2012, 01:09 PM   #228
Aquarium Free - 2+ Years

POTM Champion

Here is a terrible video. he's so shy, he won't come out when I walk in front of the tank, so I had to stand behind a door and sneak and get it. needless to say, the door wasnt' very close to the tank.

Old 01-14-2012, 01:20 PM   #229
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via MSN to mr_X
I like the rock. Nice and porous looking. The fish will get cozy in their own time. As soon as they realize you walking up to the tank means it's time to eat.
Old 01-14-2012, 03:43 PM   #230
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfdrookie516 View Post
Here is a terrible video. he's so shy, he won't come out when I walk in front of the tank, so I had to stand behind a door and sneak and get it. needless to say, the door wasnt' very close to the tank.

redsea is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
breed, breeder, build, build thread, journal, reef

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com