Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 01-23-2012, 10:55 PM   #281
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibrahim View Post
I know this is random but how long did it take for the rock to arrive? I ordered a week ago and never got a tracking number or shipping notification.
took me about a week to get it. like 5 days or so. email its been that long.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brainless chef View Post
Im starting it but i am doing a Lot of diy stuff on it so its taking me a while.
ill follow along.

Old 01-23-2012, 10:56 PM   #282
Aquarium Advice Activist

I will start a new thread tomorrow to document the whole process.

Old 01-23-2012, 11:12 PM   #283
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeetwitch

took me about a week to get it. like 5 days or so. email its been that long.
I called and got voicemail 4 times so I left a message. It's seems like either he's forgotten to give me tracking but the orders on it's way or just bad service
Old 01-24-2012, 05:32 PM   #284
Aquarium Free - 2+ Years

POTM Champion

Here 'tis today.. re-did the 'cave' on the right to make it look less fake... or at least attempt to. Also got a shot of the goby.

"What, exactly, is the internet? Basically it is a global network exchanging digitized data in such a way that any computer, anywhere, that is equipped with a device called a 'modem', can make a noise like a duck choking on a kazoo." - Dave Barry
mfdrookie516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 05:37 PM   #285
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Very cool. My pink spotted is rarely out and about he seems to prefer his little rock cave. LOL

Did you get the coral plus bulbs by the way? Don't recall reading that you had.
Old 01-24-2012, 05:42 PM   #286
Aquarium Free - 2+ Years

POTM Champion

Nope. Tracking says tomorrow. Looking forward to getting it. I'm not sure whether I'll replace my purple plus, or one of the aquablue specials. I guess I'll try both ways. I don't want the tank to be super blue, so I'll see how I like it without the aquablue special first.

"What, exactly, is the internet? Basically it is a global network exchanging digitized data in such a way that any computer, anywhere, that is equipped with a device called a 'modem', can make a noise like a duck choking on a kazoo." - Dave Barry
Old 01-24-2012, 05:45 PM   #287
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Yep, I was kinda wondering which bulbs I would swap out. They are techincally "white" lights but I hate my purple plus';es so I was thinking of taking them out for the coral plus. BUT then I'm worried the tank will be too "white" lol

Let us (me) know when you get them and if you could take some pictures with the different configurations that would be awesome.

Thanks!
Old 01-24-2012, 08:22 PM   #288
Aquarium Advice Addict

whats going on with the coral plus? they look like they are very similar to the aquablue specials, well according to the little light graphs.
Old 01-24-2012, 08:24 PM   #289
Aquarium Free - 2+ Years

POTM Champion

They are, according to what I have read, pretty much a mix of the blue plus and aquablue special. No clue yet on where they actually stand. I just wanted to try out the 'latest and greatest'.

Old 01-24-2012, 08:28 PM   #290
Aquarium Advice Addict

cool so you ordered some. keep us posted please, if they really are the latest and greatest then i just put 2 new old technology bulbs in my fixture. still debating if i should find a 6 bulb fixture to replace the 4 bulb i just got. how are your "high" lighting requirement corals doing?

Tags
breed, breeder, build, build thread, journal, reef

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com