Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-09-2012, 10:31 AM   #351
AA Team Emeritus

Very nice shots for your first time out. As you get more time you will find that you get much pickier over which shots you will keep and which you will delete. I'm going back over the last 8 years and deleting gb's worth of pics that I no longer deem worthy (I really didn't back then either, but I was too lazy to take a critical eye to them).

Good luck. Now we will want to see more pictures of everything.

cmor1701d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 12:16 PM   #352
Aquarium Advice Addict

Those shots were with a cannon t3i eos rebel? You just use a different lens right? I'll have give mine a try.

Old 02-09-2012, 01:45 PM   #353
Fish R friends, not food!

I use a rebel XSi and have to turn off the auto focus and manually focus and come up with some great pictures. Now if I could just get the fish to hold still.....LOL!
spoonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 05:41 PM   #354
Aquarium Free - 2+ Years

POTM Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmor1701d View Post
Very nice shots for your first time out. As you get more time you will find that you get much pickier over which shots you will keep and which you will delete. I'm going back over the last 8 years and deleting gb's worth of pics that I no longer deem worthy (I really didn't back then either, but I was too lazy to take a critical eye to them).

Good luck. Now we will want to see more pictures of everything.
I won't be as embarassed to show them either. I finally got a close up of the supposed hydroids today, I'll be uploading a pic of them in a few. I couldn't see them clearly enough to tell, but this macro lens is phenominal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EriksFish315 View Post
Those shots were with a cannon t3i eos rebel? You just use a different lens right? I'll have give mine a try.
Yeah. I used this lens specifically. It's awesome. I have yet to get my tripod, but it'll help big time. For every 1 shot that's worth looking at, there are 20 that aren't because I shake when I take the pics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoonman View Post
I use a rebel XSi and have to turn off the auto focus and manually focus and come up with some great pictures. Now if I could just get the fish to hold still.....LOL!
I thought I was going to have to (manually focus), but with that lens, I didn't. On my wide angle lens, I did... if you decide to get a macro lens, the one I linked above seems awesome. I took some pics of a dollar bill last night (idk if you saw them on my fb or not) and the detail that you don't normally see is amazing!

"What, exactly, is the internet? Basically it is a global network exchanging digitized data in such a way that any computer, anywhere, that is equipped with a device called a 'modem', can make a noise like a duck choking on a kazoo." - Dave Barry
mfdrookie516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 06:09 PM   #355
Aquarium Free - 2+ Years

POTM Champion

Here are a few more:

And, what I think are hydroids:

"What, exactly, is the internet? Basically it is a global network exchanging digitized data in such a way that any computer, anywhere, that is equipped with a device called a 'modem', can make a noise like a duck choking on a kazoo." - Dave Barry
Old 02-09-2012, 06:14 PM   #356
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via MSN to mr_X
They are, but nothing to be concerned about.
Old 02-09-2012, 08:39 PM   #357
AA Team Emeritus

@Jon,

Dump that out of focus pic. The tripod makes a huge difference. It did for me. When using it turn off auto focus and auto everything. Use the timer or a remote to totally eliminate any shake. The sharpness is incredible.

@Doug. I did take some HD video with my waterproof camera. The first few were just too long. I have that's a little over 4 minutes. I will try for about 2 good minutes this weekend and then post . I really like what I saw, but it needs some editing for the shake and movement (slow focus at times).
cmor1701d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 08:45 PM   #358
Aquarium Free - 2+ Years

POTM Champion

Which one is out of focus? They all look focused to me.

Old 02-09-2012, 08:50 PM   #359
Aquarium Advice Addict

Lookin' great! Congrats on the new camera and excellent updates! Your fish and corals look so healthy.
severum mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 09:32 PM   #360
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfdrookie516
Which one is out of focus? They all look focused to me.
I think they were talking about the picture with what you think are hydroids. They probably didn't know that.

maxwellag is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
breed, breeder, build, build thread, journal, reef

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com