Finally got a fish :-D

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Joester2k3

Aquarium Advice Freak
I got a percula clown today :) and acclimated him. How long does it take till he will search the tank. He was kept ina 10 inch cubical and now in a 65gal and i think he is alil confused. Also can i have to much current. i have 2 maxi jet 1200s in my 65gal i think its fine and that he just needs time to adjust.

Thanks guys

Congrats. Give him some time to adjust. How did you acclimate? You have no where near too much current. You are probably fine for now but later on if you plan on getting corals plan on twice the current you have now.

Floated him and added a half cup of water every 5 minutes for 20 minutes. then put him in

A little fast on the acclimation. It is probably highly stressed. In the future float the bag for around 15-20 minutes then add about 1/5th of the bag water volume every 10 minutes or so until the water in the bag has doubled. Remove half the water from the bag and repeat the previous process. Drip acclimation is the ideal method. http://www.aquariumadvice.com/article_view.php?faq=2&fldAuto=18 How fast you acclimate depends on the difference between your water and your LFS. A lot of stores keep their salinity low (around 1.019) this will require a much longer acclimation time.

Hard to say. Best thing to do is help reduce stress on it by not running the lights and basically not bothering it. (checking on it often)

I knew id mess up on something at ome point hahaha O well Live n learn :) Hope he makes it

Back
Top Bottom