finally got my 55 gal up!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wow u got me there lol its the size of the pump so about 3 inches 3 1/2 inches I'm not home now so Idk

Hondachico said:
Wow u got me there lol its the size of the pump so about 3 inches 3 1/2 inches I'm not home now so Idk

Thanks got made mine 4inch same thing size of my pump all finished and waiting to dry

Well, that is good to hear. A large sump is my next DIY project so I can have all the toys in it that I have in my current one with the addition of a DIY algae scrubber.

Sniperhank said:
Well, that is good to hear. A large sump is my next DIY project so I can have all the toys in it that I have in my current one with the addition of a DIY algae scrubber.

Yessir me too I want to get a bigger one but for now this will do .....what's the algae scrubber about ??

Basically, you siphon very slow moving water down a roughed up surface with lights pointed at it. This forces algae growth there rather than in other areas of the tank. Really neat concept and have been reading more about them. When I first started saltwater, I read of one person here using one. Now I keep seeing more and more adding them to their sump setups along with their fuge, skimmer, etc.

Sniperhank said:
Basically, you siphon very slow moving water down a roughed up surface with lights pointed at it. This forces algae growth there rather than in other areas of the tank. Really neat concept and have been reading more about them. When I first started saltwater, I read of one person here using one. Now I keep seeing more and more adding them to their sump setups along with their fuge, skimmer, etc.

Hmmmm I'm goin to take a look at that now sounds interesting

Back
Top Bottom