finally got my 55 gal up!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hondachico

Aquarium Advice Freak
Finally after all the work i got my 55 gal up and running, have an extra hob filter just for the beginning to get everything ready faster.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120503_233216.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120503_233216.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 207
  • ForumRunner_20120503_233236.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120503_233236.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 207
  • ForumRunner_20120503_233252.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120503_233252.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 206
nice setup good luck

did you make the sump refuge yourself I'm in the process of making one now...what gallon is that sump??

Yea I made the sump myself, and it's a 10 gallon, that's all I had space for but I'm going to make a split sump in the future with two 10 gals on each side.

It was my first sump do it wasn't the best job but I got it better for the next.

How come no one uses external return pumps? I'm in fl and have heat transfer issues I have to deal with do u guys exp this too?

Nice design and I'm going with a ten gallon also...do you have your dimensions for baffles etc.??? Would be a big help

Heat transfer in ny is good in winter bc it's cold and summer I have my air on always and keeps temps perfect

Reefpete said:
Nice design and I'm going with a ten gallon also...do you have your dimensions for baffles etc.??? Would be a big help

Heat transfer in ny is good in winter bc it's cold and summer I have my air on always and keeps temps perfect

Thanks, my baffle dimensions are 8x10 the acrylic and the one in the middle I raised by 2 inches and it's about an inch of space between them.

Thanks, my baffle dimensions are 8x10 the acrylic and the one in the middle I raised by 2 inches and it's about an inch of space between them.

perfect and you have no problem bonding the baffles to the glass with silicon?

and how tall are the baffles you used?

I had no problem with the silicon the only thing I had to get an extension when putting the silicon between the baffles because the gun didn't fit.

Hondachico said:
I had no problem with the silicon the only thing I had to get an extension when putting the silicon between the baffles because the gun didn't fit.

Awesome and what type of extension you use? A home made one or they sell one like at home depot ??

Reefpete said:
Awesome and what type of extension you use? A home made one or they sell one like at home depot ??

All I did was got some extra clear tubing I had laying around and I put it on the tip

Hondachico said:
All I did was got some extra clear tubing I had laying around and I put it on the tip

Your great thanks a million ill post up my pics when im done your info def helped me out big time

No problem glad to help, I will keep you posted on how everything is going with my tank.

I went a little big on that but I can regulate it, I have a 600 gph pump in the sump, had to tune it down a little because it was shooting a lot of air bubbles

Hondachico said:
I went a little big on that but I can regulate it, I have a 600 gph pump in the sump, had to tune it down a little because it was shooting a lot of air bubbles

Cool deal do you have a ball valve and if so where on the return end ??

I put a ball valve just on the overflow, the return line the pump has a way to adjust it on the pump itself

Got home and this is how my tank looks.

Attachments

• image-227706346.jpg
    image-227706346.jpg
    122.8 KB · Views: 170
Back
Top Bottom