finally learned how to load pics

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nycfatcow

Aquarium Advice Freak
img_511764_0_aaee598ed4f653110282120d32aceace.jpg
75g tank
img_511764_1_e44467e97d05c06f71ccc2a58b4e13ba.jpg
side view
img_511764_2_558e754824ce1584619831f645b60dba.jpg
damels
img_511764_3_f5e25d7e85fcb8ea886572a173f7f35a.jpg
my snowflake eel

waht you guys think?

what are those pvc pipe things sticking out of your sand?

looks good! Seems like it might be a newer tank. I hope you don't have trouble keeping all those fish alive with such a new tank.

MY tank isnt really new, had it for like 5 months alrdy, dont know why the purp isnt spreading all over. The PVC sticking out is a part of my diy undergravel jet system. Instead of having 2 ph from side to side, i have 8 pvc on the bottom connected and attached to 2 strong ph's. They shoot around 200gph each jet. Nopes no problems wiht my fish.

nycfatcow said:
MY tank isnt really new, had it for like 5 months alrdy, dont know why the purp isnt spreading all over.

I don't see a source for it to start from. Coraline spread through spores, like mushrooms. Find a LFS and see if you can get a couple small pieces of cured LR that has a bunch of coraline algae on it. Put that in your tank and that will give you at least a small seed of coraline. The spread will likely be slow, but it will spread.

The fish look happy!

hmmm i think i mite just do that...but the thing is i have small purp dots on my rocks. Very lil coraline algae...so i guess its taking a while

bout 8-10 inches very lazy guy. wont come out in 3 days unless hes hungry haha

Coraline algae can take a while to get started. To help it along you can test for calcium and alkalinity and use additives if there not in balance and up where they should be. And like Billy Z says I would get some cured LR with it alreay on it and then scrub the lr coraline into the water to help seed then tank. My reef tank had no visible CA and it took about a yera till it started to get going good and I had tested the water daily and used B-Ionic 2 part system to keep levels up. Doing regular wter changes should keep levels up in you have no corals. I would test the water and see where your at.

in the matter of fact, i just got my first frags todaY!!! so edxcited. I see the algae starting to buidl up so im not that worried. i went to the LFS they wanted about 7 bucks a pound for a piece of lr fully cured. I dont feel like using 20-30 bucks on a lil piece of rock so ill guess ill wait it out for now. Thanks a lot for the input

nycfatcow said:
diy undergravel jet system.

Are they buried under the sand or do they pop out of an undergravel filter? Are they returns from a sump? Do they alternate? I like the look, I’m just not sure how you accomplished it :D

hmm what i did was took pvc piping and made it into a circuit. the cut out 8 jets which is what is you. and 2 cut outs to attach the 2 power heads to...if your intestered tell me ill teach you how to make it. its suupose to be really nice.

Back
Top Bottom