Finally my own build thread!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am seriously considering black sand. what do you guys think. my LFS has black sand in their coral tanks and it really makes them pop. What would the minuses be?

The only problem with black sand is it requires a more maintenance. A lot more detritus and debris will show on black sand. I had some in my seahorse tank and loved it, but it eventually got pretty dirty and was hard to clean without stirring it up too much.

ok. I was not ready to start this thread. I am stalled. I can't afford to do anything else for a while. I am shutting this one down. I should be ready to go in a couple of months. sorry about the false start.

Ahh, Dont shut it down.

Alot of us dont have money to go out and buy the best corals and what not.
Its good your not going out and buying cheap stuff, As it will not do you justice and you'll just end upgrading it.

Well i hope to hear from you soon, Your TJ seems good. Just keep us updated on how everythings going here and there imo.

A point on black sand. Make sure that it is black aragonite sand. As Black lava sand has no buffering and your PH and KH will be hard to maintain. Just a point I wanted to make whenever you decide to resume the build.

Back
Top Bottom