Find me a fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lando

Aquarium Advice Addict
Alright kids...I am thinking of getting another small swimmer for my 72gal tank. I would love to add some yellow to the display. Here is what I have now:
regal tang
copperband butterfly
pair of percs
royal gramma
purple firefish
yellow watchman goby

Needs to be an active swimmer, small and reef safe.

Suggestions?

Lemonpeel Angel (cross your fingers & pray)
Golden Butterfly (a juve would fit)
Gold assesor basslet (would clash with your gramma)

Jester/rainford goby. Mine never hides and is always out grazing on rock and substrate constantly on the move. Has colors and designs that would rival a mandarin. I loved mine so much I bought a second one and also a hector. For anyone else that considers one they need a mature tank. I was just admiring mine today. It is getting fat :D

Canary Blenny?

You could be adventurous and try a lemonpeel angel. Hopefully won't be a coral nipper. A low cost way to just get some yellow in the tank would be a golden damsel. It might not be so nasty being last fish in :)

Well, the lemonpeel is out. I do not want to risk it. It is one of my favorite fish though. I do like the catalina goby...it may be winning right now. Keep 'em coming

The goby may be iffy with the watchmen.. My watchmen is a mean SOB.. He killed 4 jaw fish I had in the tank with him. He was fine when he was small and turned into a killer. In my 20 fuge I could never find him to get him out.. I went 5 months w/out seeing him, he know I was out to get him...

What about a Hector's Goby I love him!

http://www.talaythai.com/Fish/0041.gif

Hector's Hover Goby, has a bluish-black body with bright yellow horizontal stripes and an eyespot on the dorsal fin.
A 10 gallon or larger aquarium with plenty of hiding places is suitable for this fish. It can be included in a reef aquarium and the fish will sift the sand as well as graze on hair algae. It is non-aggressive towards other fish and will not bother invertebrates in the tank.

Hector's Goby is easy to feed and its diet consists of most marine foods. It consumes large amounts of algae, worms, and prepared foods such as vitamin enriched mysid shrimp and brine shrimp.

http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_Display.cfm?pCatId=176

All great advice. I find out that the catalina prefers cooler water...that is out. I was looking at the two spot hog fish as a possibility. I am content with what I have currently, I just sort of miss the process of buying, QTing and adding a fish to the tank. I guess I just really want something different to look at. Might just hold off...

Back
Top Bottom