Finding Nemo

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dansleeth

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have just bought my first 2 fish (clownfish) and as a newbie to the hobby, I'm probably getting a little over worried about everything:

My clowns tend to stay in one small area of the tank and only venture out to the other side of the tank once in a while. Is this ok?

I am also concerned for one of them as they usually sleep in the bottom corner in a small creater in the sand, but tonight one is in the top corner at the other end of the tank kinda sleeping in between the top of the heater (where the temp. controller is) and the glass ledge thing that goes around the top of my tank... Why?!!

Its a pretty small gap it puts itself in which doesn't look too comfortable :)
but the temp in the tank reads 77f on both meters either end of the tank...

Thanks!

My clowns tend to stay in one small area of the tank and only venture out to the other side of the tank once in a while. Is this ok?

This is fine expecially with them being in a new enviorment.

I am also concerned for one of them as they usually sleep in the bottom corner in a small creater in the sand, but tonight one is in the top corner at the other end of the tank kinda sleeping in between the top of the heater (where the temp. controller is) and the glass ledge thing that goes around the top of my tank... Why?!!

Not sure if I can say why it does it other than to tell you that I have had clowns sleep at the top of the water just behind a hang on overflow return. They will sleep on their sides just below the water surface as if they are floating on the top.

Bump your tank up over a few day period to 80F. This is closer to their natural water temperature.

Oh and welcome to the hobby.

How old is the tank? Make sure that the water quality is good as well, test for ammonia and nitrites.

I am sure it is like fishfreek says and they are just getting used to things.

I have a reef tank with lots of places to hide but my clowns always stay at the top of the tank. :roll:

Back
Top Bottom