Finding Nemo: The greatest film ever?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RocketSeason

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey gang,

Well, I am a 3-D artist. So of course, I love Pixar's movie Finding Nemo. But since I am very, very new to the world of Marine fishkeeping, I am wondering what the rest of you think about the film. It's accuracy (and lack there of) and its portrayl of Marine Fishkeepers.

Personally, I have always wanted a Marine tank, and I was worried that the movie would make me think otherwise, thankfully it did not, and personally I do not think that it tried to portray Marine Fishkeeping in a bad light either.

But that is my opinion, whats yours?

From an artistic point of view, I think the movie was outstanding. I was especially impressed with the way they gave the characters facial expressions.

I don't know very much about SW fish, so I can't comment on the mix of species in the movie tank.

I was very troubled by the "all drains lead to the ocean" rubbish. No fish can survive being flushed down a drain into a municipal sewer system. To suggest otherwise in front of an audience of impressionable children was stupid and irresponsible, IMO.

I also love the movie, but there are a couple of things. One was mentioned above about the drains.
The other was the use of a Moorish Idol for an aquarium inhabitant. Shouldn't encourage people to try this fish. I had to talk my kids out of one. We got a pair of Heni Butterfly's instead...close enough.

Accuracy, Not very.

While the film was good I would not go as far as to give it the greatest film ever tag. If you take a look at the lounge you should find a few long topics on the movie.

Everyone knows that Monty Pythons Seach for the Holy Grail is the best movie ever! And for those of you who disagree, I have but one word --- NI!

Top 5?! TOP 5?!?

What are the other 4? I DEMAND YOU TELL ME! You shall tell me or I shall fart in your general direction!

:wink:

hahaha. I watched that movie the other day. I have to tell you, I watched that movie so many times in my youth group. (years ago mind you.) I have seen that one more than any other. And it is hilarious. but It is sure not one of the top 5 movies ever. not even one of the top 50. sorry.

although really small rocks do tend to float.

Well then your father smelled of eldeberries and your mother was a hamster! Now leave or a shall taunt you a second time!

LOL, I thought I was the only one who laughed during that movie.. Believe it or not my husband sat stone faced through the entire thing... Although he thinks my reef is the biggest waste of time and money... I think he might be from another planet 0X ..

Back
Top Bottom