Fine tunning FLOW?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jaketit

Aquarium Advice Freak
I just wanted to get a few opinions on flow in my tank. I always feel like I'm blasting all my corals and fish. But I must say having cheato in a sump and plenty of flow keeps the DT pretty spotless. My set up as far as 2 weeks ago was 2 750 and 1 550 hydors and my sump pump witch I believe is a mag 5. As of 2 weeks ago I removed one 750 from the tank and it still blows like a son of a gun. I just feel like all my zoas placed about and other corals suffer with this much flow. I do have a mixed tank both hard and soft so Im not sure how to do this for everybody. Any thoughts about shutting some off during some periods maybe on timers or what not?? Thanks for reading.

As long as you don't see corals blowing off the rock or staying completely closed and getting brown algae growing on them, you do not have too much flow.

I do have a couple of frags of zoas here and there that close up and get some algea sometimes.

Back
Top Bottom