Finishing up my stocking list

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They are quite fun to watch as they weave the rock work, I had one die a few days ago unfortunately, still unsure of the cause, the water is pristine.

Sorry to hear that. :-( Sounds like you liked him alot.
I so dont want to have any of my fish die. I ve been really really lucky so far.

He was a gift, so unfortunately he didn't get as well of a QT as I would have liked, my tank wasn't set up so I let my buddy hold him as long as he could and then introduced him. He didn't appear ill.

Oh well, I will buy another and properly quarantine it. Did you like anything you saw on live aquaria?

I have learned that inevitably every time you buy a tank, the first thing you will do is see a fish you want that is too big for it.

I bought my first 29g so I could have a tang. Then I found out it was too small so I went to a 55g. And again, its too small for the long term. I'm going with a 125g and that will be it. If it doesnt fit in there I got problems lol

I fear that many fish I now want need a 180 or larger. I eventually was a tank large enough to keep a lionfish, dog face puffer, undulated trigger, and some big mean inverts.

Wow sounds pretty hardcore. lol I just want alot of color and movement. I wish i could have a whole tank of clownfish. I swore I hated them what with that nemo movie but I cant for the life of me figure out why I am so into them now. It must be their cute faces or something. I'm really hoping at least one set breeds.

I see those lionfish all the time, they are so complicated looking! And scary too lol They need a 180g? They sell em in petco over here for like $30

No they don't, but to keep everything I want in one tank it will need to be a 180. Yeah, not all lions are expensive. Some of them definitely can be though

The reef part of my tank is screwing me over now, theres so many fish that are great but arent reef safe. I've been tossing the idea around of going fowlr so I can get some serious SW fish.

No corals for me, I am debating selling my tank right now so I can start building my big predatory tank.

School of tangs? I wouldn't put more than 3 in a 125, and I still think the tang isn't a good idea. But that's why we're all here, others opinions.

I'm thinking you should possibly try some dottybacks? Like the neon, a pair of those would look nice, that would probably kick out one of the larger fish you want though in terms of stocking

I figured 3 was a school! lol I'm still going back and forth with the tang but I'm pretty sure it will be OK. For now I've got swimming room in front and in back of the rock formation so that should keep him busy for awhile. hehe

I've seen the dottybacks, they are beautiful! But I heard early on that they were aggressive....I'll pop over to Liveaquaria and take another look at them. Might even be a good idea for the 125g. :)

I already have the filtration system for the 125 just need to find a deal on a tank and stand.

So I'm shaking off this thread since I'm still stocking LOL.

So far in the 55g I have:
2- b&w oscellaris
2- oscellaris
1-lawnmower Blenny
1-Pink spotted watchman
1- Royal Gramma

I had been saving space for a yellow Tang but I have decided to wait til my 125g is up before getting some of them. I am kinda looking at the yellow eye tang but still unsure on him.

I also have a huge CUC, a sea hare named Bob, 4 peppermint shrimp and 1 pistol shrimp.

I was looking at a small school of orange lined cardinals. They should start at about an inch each and get up to 3 inches supposedly.

This will probably be the last fish I get to put in before I get a 125g so I wanna make sure I make it count.

Everyone has been real great in helping me get to this point so just a few more ideas would be great.

thanks guys I really appreciate it!

Yep, I mentioned it above. Yellow eye kole tang. :)

Do you think that would be a better choice than a school of cardinals?

Yep, I mentioned it above. Yellow eye kole tang. :)

Do you think that would be a better choice than a school of cardinals?

oh i didnt see you mention the kole eye tang i missed that line

The kole tang would be a very nice fish, i think they are so pretty. The cardinals will also look great, their stripes will really glow in the blue lighting i think. How many were you tihnking of getting?? I'm just wondering in case you end up getting like two males and one female, the two males will most likely fight it out.

I was thinking 4 on the cardinals. But its either the tang or cardinals I think. I don't wanna be too stocked.

Back
Top Bottom