Finishing up my stocking list

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thats why I like my midas blenny he adds a lot of activity and color when he is swimming. Of course when he hides he blends into the rock all the pretty color goes away...he turns brown and pink and purple.

Yes I know, its not my tank. I was saying my buddy is grossly overstocked and won't listen to reason.

I've looked at the wrasses but I was told they can be jumpers. They arent all reef safe corey? I did not know that. Any other suggestions?

Check liveaquaria, there's a FO/FOWLR wrasse category and a reef safe wrasse one. Flashers are reef safe, as far as jumping I'm not sure, I just know they're beautiful fish and add color and activity (Front and constant swimmers)

Thanks. I'm gonna check out the wrasse section. I want something that swims a bit out front since my blenny and future goby are just rock sitters.
:)

I checked what they have for reef safe and it would seem the six line wrasse is my best choice. Alot of them it says require a 50g or better and I dont' have the 55g setup yet. :-(
Also alot of jumpers in the list lol. Gotta stay away from those I would worry way way too much

You could try some netting on the top if it wouldn't be too obtrusive or ugly. Almost any fish could be a jumper, but you could always take a chance and try, maybe you get one that won't jump!

Since I'm only running a 29g right now theres a lot of stuff hanging on back, and lots of cords lol. I should be upping to a 55 gallon in a month or less so maybe I should wait til then. I'll be able to group the hob stuff and put in the plastic blocker thingees that came with my glass canopies.

I just kinda wanted a fish like today. LOL I'll just wait it out.

Thanks for your help everyone. :)

Hey, any opinions on a royal gramma? Says they are reef safe, non aggressive and can go in a 30g tank. Not to mention the colors are striking!

Royal grammas are always my first fish in my tanks and I love them, add great color and pop out of the rock work out of nowhere, and they are completely reef safe.

I have a royal gramma and six-line wrasse. Both ar neat fish. The wrasse juts in and out of the rock work, the gramma is always sticking his head out of a nook. I have a zebra bar that is more of a top fish, while my clown hangs out in front, but always comes up to the top when I come around begging for food.

Our Royal gramma is quite the character, He is always staring out the glass...like looking right at you haha. I see him a lot more than our sixline wrasse but that is probably only because they are both in the large tank and there is a lot of rock for the wrasse to zoom through.

The flame hawkfish is also one of my favorites! He has great color but is more of a perching fish.

Your fifth fish? You have the two clowns and the blenny right now right?? Or do you have a fourth as well?

I'll defintely ask about the gramma tomorrow. he looks to be exactly what i wanted! The hawkfish is cool too but I heard they weren't 100% reef safe so I havent thought about it much

Back
Top Bottom