Finishing up my stocking list

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh really I've never heard that, just looked it up on liveaquaria though and your right!...hope ours doesn't grow into a terror. He is pretty small and well behaved at the moment.

I was told grammas get mean as they get larger, or if they're in a smaller tank.

And unless you have a very deep sand bed an engineer goby wouldn't be good, the burrow. Actually either way they wouldn't, they can get to about 1ft in length

I've already got my goby picked out, wither a yellow watchman or a black spotted watchman. I'm still doing research on the gramma, everything says it would be an ok addition.

I was looking at the spotted ones but I think I have my heart set on the watchman. :)

When I get a fish in my head its rough getting it out. lol

I love the madarin. I wish I had a more mature tank. I found a hand fed one but he still would require supplemental feeding the LFS said. How is yours, does he eat prepared food or is he on pods?

I don't have one... I wish I did though. I was dead set on one since my friend had one in a 55. Once I learned there was no cost-effective or smart way to keep one in my 14G I gave up, one day though :rolleyes:

Once I get my perc clown though I'll be happy, and finally focus on corals.

... Then I'll get another tank when I can afford it!

Are you waiting for a special clown like I was? I'm so in love with my clowns I'm thinking of making a nano tank so I can get some more LOL I can watch those guys for hours it seems.

I don't think I am but apparently it's so. I just want a true percula that's <1". Because the current fish I have are fairly skittish and passive I don't need something at all agressive. So getting it small will be best and I want to raise it myself. Besides online I've seen one small enough for me at my LFS, but it was $30 (too much for a regular clown IMO) so I'll probably wait it out until I move to tallahassee and we're near The Clown hatchery so I can get a tank-bred one

I am a fan of black ice clowns though, but those designer clowns are too expensive for my taste.

In my black clown search I found a mated set of snowflakes for $550! Now thats crazy. I paid $40 each for my babies. They are ORA tank bred so they are very friendly and tiny too. I was looking to spend less as well but the search was getting crazy...

Well to me $40 for black and white ocellaris sounds fair, not even ORA tank bred. Like I said though I like some of those designer clowns (Would love to have a platinum pair, but those are way too expensive and I'd be afraid of them dying) are nice looking, but I don't like them enough to pay like $100 each, even if they are a pair

I hadn't heard that before. really? :-( which would be better the sixline or the gramma? Those are the two I'm tossing around.

Thank you!

It's all about the fish you get really, not every one is going to be aggressive. My royal gramma and my sixline wrasse have never shown any aggression.

I think i would get the royal gramma if i were you, it would be more noticeable in your tank since it swims out front. Also the liveaquaria site says that the royal gramma is peaceful and the sixline is semi-aggressive.

I think i'm gonna go with the gramma. i am going to look at a 55g and 75g tomorrow so i can have even more fish!

So now what is suggested? I'm almost doubling my current size. Also, are there any small tangs out there? I saw one referenced once somewhere but cant remember.
I'd like one cool, reef safe centerpiece fish. Any suggestions?

For how big a tank again, smallest tang=75 gallons minimum I believe.....

Back
Top Bottom