Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-27-2011, 01:05 AM   #71
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to hackteck
well when i got him he was maybe 2" big and i had him for maybe 5 months before the accident but before that he was doing great

Old 03-27-2011, 01:09 AM   #72
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

See some people say it's ok. the girl at the lfs says she has had hers in for 9 years with no problems. But some people swear by the six foot rule. I mean if he needs room i can make the rockwork accomadate that.

thanks for the sharing.

Old 03-27-2011, 01:10 AM   #73
Aquarium Advice Addict

no problem
Old 03-27-2011, 09:00 AM   #74
Aquarium Advice Addict

A 75 is deeper than a 55, I'm fairly sure the dimensions are otherwise the same. If you must have a tang a tomini or kole like what was suggested earlier would be best. Those yellow tangs get pretty big, the two I mentioned earlier would be the only ones I'd suggest for a tank under 6'.

As far as stocking the 29 everything looks good, and as far as I know banggai cardinals are easy fish to keep, you don't have to feed live foods
Old 03-27-2011, 09:20 AM   #75
Aquarium Advice Regular

Carey, so far I am disappointed with the gramma. Pretty fish, but NEVER comes out from behind the rocks! I am hoping it will get more comfortable soon, but for now, kind of a waste
Old 03-27-2011, 09:23 AM   #76
Aquarium Advice Regular

Oops, I think he was watching me type! Now it's coming around to the front. I think it will look really nice when I get a yellow watchman goby or a midas blenny!
Old 03-27-2011, 12:38 PM   #77
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by angiorn View Post
Carey, so far I am disappointed with the gramma. Pretty fish, but NEVER comes out from behind the rocks! I am hoping it will get more comfortable soon, but for now, kind of a waste

He's probably just shy. lol I'm hoping to add one.
Old 03-27-2011, 12:52 PM   #78
Aquarium Advice Addict

Banggai cardinals are very peaceful and eat frozen foods well. I dont know what liveaquaria is talking about! haha. They also breed a lot in captivity if happy, their young are suppose to be pretty easy to raise as well. I have two that have mated once but lost their eggs since it was their first time. They may show a tad bit of aggression when mating maybe, but i think its mostly towards other cardinals. If you get one i doubt there would be any aggression at all.
I like them because they just kinda sit out front, not a whole lot of movement from them but they are always out in the open.
0o.Kelsey.o0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 12:56 PM   #79
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Yep, I'm gonna do some more research on the cardinals, I liked them but was thrown off by potential aggression.

Corey: Thanks for the input. I will look at those two tangs. I kinda figured the yellow ones were too big. I am going to look at a 55g and 75g in about an hour. Would the smaller tangs work in the 55 ya think or do I defintley need the 75? I'm pretty flexible but I wanted to totally explore the tang option before more stocking.
Old 03-27-2011, 01:00 PM   #80
Aquarium Advice Addict

how much bigger is a 75 from a 55 i thought it was only a couple inches taller

Tags
stocking

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com